Hi, my name’s Marc and I'm the founder of Listium.
My early career was in banking and funds management before my interest moved to the startup world.
I have been an advisor or director to multiple startups where I have helped with funding, M&A, culture, recruitment, strategy, analytics, executive coaching, product and design, amongst other things.
I love to learn new things and improve myself, and I do this through a lot of reading. I'm also known for trying lots of hobbies based on watching a few too many YouTube videos.
- VR / Oculus Quest
- Aquascaping & aquariums
- Remote control scale crawlers
- Video and board games
- Richmond Football Club (AFL)
- Our pets: Kara (cat) & Daisy (dog)
- Occasional fly-fisherman
- Very average guitar and bass player
- (Retired?) kitesurfer and standup paddlesufer
- I'm a left/progressive voter due to right wing policies that are increasingly divisive and self-serving.
- I would love to see a Univeral Basic Income become a key tool in the fairer distribution of wealth.
- I'm an athiest and I believe that religion is partly responsible for the dangerous rise of beliefs being allowed to trump science (eg. climate, anti-vaxxers, etc) in the eyes of many.
- I read a lot about behavioural biases in order to understand myself and improve my decision making.
- I am borderline obsessive about truth and honesty in my personal and professional life.
- I believe that psychedelics have huge potential to help treat depression, anxiety and PTSD, and we need to put science ahead of politics and increase research into this exciting field.
- Doing everything except writing code.
- But I also write some code.
- Advice on all things related to startups, including strategy, finance, pitching and capital raising.
- Assisted in day-to-day operations including finance, analytics, HR, strategy, and ultimately helped negotiate the sale of the business in late 2019.
- Member of a three person board, covering all areas including finance, strategy and compliance.
- Worked with small business owners in a range of areas including including finance, strategy, marketing and HR
Goldman Sachs JBWere Asset Management
- Worked with the Managing Director on a range of projects across all parts of the business.
- Led a team of analysts, portfolio managers and dealers managing Australian Equity portfolios.
- Activities included company and industry research, portfolio management, marketing and product management.
- Member of GSJBWere Group Partnership Committee and the FSC Investment Board Committee (industry body)
- Above average long-term investment performance across all portfolios and substantial growth in funds under management
- 2002 Australian Equities Fund Manager of the Year
- Activities included company and industry research, company valuation, portfolio management and marketing.
- Assisted in the management of a portfolio of commercial banking clients. Activities included credit and risk analysis and company research.